I can’t believe it’s already May, and I haven’t posted an update on my site since the beginning of the year. Call me a slacker, because I’ve been one. Here are a few important things that have been going on in my life in the recent past:
- A couple of weeks ago, I celebrated my first anniversary at my current job. To be honest, I almost forgot about it, except when the office manager wished me a happy anniversary! Time flew by more quickly than it had in the past, and I realized that it was because I’d been HAPPY for the past year. Time truly does fly when you’re having fun! My heart is grateful to have found my wonderful employer, and stumbled upon a group of colleagues who I’m proud to work with every day. The work is tough, but also enjoyable and challenging, which makes the hard work worthwhile.
- My kiddo just finished pre-kindergarten and will be moving on to Kindergarten in the Fall! How the heck did she get so big? I just want to throw my arms around her and beg her to stop growing so I can enjoy her being little for a bit longer!
- Our puppy is no longer a puppy–she recently turned 2! She’s a sweetheart and is the playful pooch we’ve always wanted.
- The whole family visited my parents for the Memorial Day holiday weekend, and had a great time barbecuing, swimming in the pools, going to the beach and generally being lazy in a Gulf Beach town. Aren’t those the best mini-vacations? We live near the water, but it’s so much more relaxing when we leave the city and go to a smaller, quieter area to enjoy it.
- Guys, that Vineyard Vines for Target sale a couple of weeks ago was CRAZY! I cleaned up for my daughter, the dog and our house, but didn’t get as much for myself from the Plus Size collection as I’d hoped. I may share my haul in a future post!
- The Mr. and I have been working on doing a grand clean-out of our entire house. I’ve sold a lot of clothing, shoes, cosmetics and accessories on Poshmark, but will also try to hold a garage sale in the near future. Anything we don’t use will be donated to charity.
- From wellness standpoint, I’ve taken several key steps to getting back into my personal groove. I’ve initiated more girls nights, stayed on a stable sleep schedule, returned to a few professional networking events and organizations, and revisited my healthy eating and tracking habits via WW (formerly Weight Watchers). So far I’ve managed to stay healthy for nearly 6 weeks, which may be my longest period of good health in years. I’m also trying out some things with essential oils just to see if they can help make a difference in a few areas of my wellbeing. I’m willing to go all in on being the healthiest, happiest me.
- I did the most grown-up thing I could think of 2 weeks ago–I dropped a boatload of money on new tires for my SUV and put a tire guy in his place for treating me with sexist disregard. It was frustrating in the moment, but WOW, I was so proud of myself afterward.
That’s it for me! There’s my big update, with more details and stuff to come in the near future. Hope you all have a great start to your Summers!